Monday, December 8, 2008

On the 8th day

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I mixed up nine different kinds of cookie dough on Friday and Saturday, and it's all tucked away in the freezer until it's a little closer to Christmas. Whew, I'm glad that's done! It snowed all day on Saturday, and I finished decorating on Sunday so it's starting to look like Christmas around here! Next weekend I think we'll get the tree.
And since I feel like I'm blog cheating with this book, I found a few other fun things for you all. :)
- Cute holiday tags for baked goods from every little thing
- This really cool notepad tutorial from Sarah & Abraham
- And another cookie recipe that I mixed up this weekend: Icebox Shortbread. I made these last year with orange zest and cranberries (very good) but went for plain this year. I really love plain old shortbread.

5 comments:

Peace Creek Dolls said...

oh man 9! I really wish I was as wise as you.. so nice to have cookies baking and a clean kitchen..not a floury floor and piles of dishes and bowls and mixing spoons..especially around Christmas...maybe I will get a couple batches in the freezer with you..

Leah said...

It's really so nice... I even take it a step further and freeze the drop cookies on a baking sheet, then transfer them all to freezer bags. I've put them right into the oven frozen before and they turn out fine!

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I have no idea how I found your blog, but I love it. I just clicked over to bake it pretty and spent more money than I should on holiday pics!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking..! Christmas is a revered holiday and is not to be taken lightly.

Leah said...

Thanks Anne! (I love your blog too!) :)