Saturday, December 6, 2008

on the 6th day...

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend so far!


See Mrs. Mouse up there sitting on a jar lid? When I was little, my best friend and I found these cute little gray mice (they were actually cat toys) and we made houses for them with various small boxes (like the boxes checks come in, chocolate boxes, etc). We taped them together and cut doorways into the sides. We then made little beds for them (tiny boxes and tissue "blankets"), tables (empty spindles and bottle caps), even a kitchen complete with a refrigerator and stove (and lots and lots of cheese!). I loved it so much.. I wish I still had it.

I think my fond memories of that little mouse house is one of the reasons why I love this book so much... :)

3 comments:

Ravenswick said...

Love the book too! I just love old books.

LiPeony said...

That book looks awesome... I did that too except I had spools of thread =_=... lolol... reminds me a bit of that book.. "if you gave a mouse a cookie"

Leah said...

Art By MAR: I love old books too. I have a small collection of old childrens books that I'll have to post sometime.

Meekiyu: yes! When I was little and would read that book I used to think, "man, mice are a huge pain!" lol