Saturday, June 27, 2009

two things that have been occupying my days:

One explains my absence here during the past couple of weeks, the other explains how I've kept my sanity.

We have a decently sized strawberry patch that has, until recently, been keeping us in good supply of fresh strawberries. Every other day for weeks now I've gone out there and picked. It's been my peaceful, quiet time. My chance for a bit of a break.
There was enough on some days to bake something, but they were just too good. We've been binging on them.
Oh, have they been good.

But... there has been no strawberry shortcake, no strawberry-rhubarb squares, no strawberry jam, no strawberry ice cream, no strawberry pie, and no strawberry smoothies. Sad, don't you think?

So yesterday we decided that that had to be fixed. We took a ride out to the country to a pick-your-own strawberry patch. It was a gorgeous day.

And we picked some gorgeous berries..


Oh yes! I can already taste the strawberry pie... and the shortcake... and the ice cream.. and..

1 comment:

Nicky said...

hehe, disappearing strawberries. They looked delicious!