Friday, September 19, 2008

Bees and Gourds

I'm really feeling the shift of seasons here in Michigan. The sun is noticeably lower in the sky, the shadows are different. I've been having to close my window at night (so sad! I miss hearing the crickets). I was out wandering around the yard yesterday and my little prairie was completely alive with all sorts of bees and other insects, busy getting ready for winter.


That big one there is a carpenter bee. They live in the telephone pole back by my vegetable garden. I love that they're back there.. whenever I go to the garden I peek in on them to see what's going on.

And the honey bees! Isn't she just the most beautiful creature? I could watch them all day. I can't wait to get my own hives.


And because autumn's in the air, I thought I'd share a fun craft I found on Martha's site using gourds. Isn't it cute? Find it here.


Enjoy the last couple of days of summer.. I'll be busy putting up tomatoes and hopefully do some thrifting. I'm itching to find some treasures. Have a great weekend!

No comments: